Devin’s girlfriend, Rachel, came over today and since I’ve been craving cookies I decided to get them to help me! I got everything out and then sat down and gave them directions and snapped pictures.
Cookie – cookie – cookie!
Buckwheat, Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
- 3/4 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, soft
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat (I used parchment paper).
- Combine the flour, oats, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Using a mixer, beat the sugars together with the butter and egg until cream smooth. Add the pumpkin and stir until well combined. Add the oat mixture into the pumpkin mixture until just combined then add the white chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Drop spoonfuls of the the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes before moving the cookies to a wire rack to cool. Serve with ice cold milk if desired. Enjoy.
Adapted from For the Love of Cooking