This is a salad that’s not a salad. It’s an un-salad. No lettuce, no salad, right?!
I love a good tuna nicoise salad when I’m out for lunch. This recipe is a riff on that salad. Yes, other people have switched the tuna for salmon before (I’m not the first!) but I thought I would try the toppings without the greens. It was good and fun to eat!
Salmon Nicoise Dinner Platter
For the salad
- fresh salmon – sprinkle with kosher salt/ pepper and lemon zest. bake at 425 degrees until done
- fresh green beans – cooked to desired done-ness
- black and green olives
- sliced avocado
- new potatoes, sliced boiled and chilled
- hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- tomato chunks
For the vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
I made the potatoes and hard-boiled eggs earlier in the day and chilled them in the fridge. This was there was a nice combo of warm and cold on the plate. The potatoes were amazing with the dressing…kind of like a no-mayo potato salad.
Arrange on a plate and drizzle with vinaigrette. (you will have extra vinaigrette for a salad the next day) Enjoy!