I’m on a roll today! My third blog post! I just had to share the oooey-gooey-goodness pasta that I made tonight for dinner. I had a pound of grass-fed, locally raised ground beef from Mount Vernon Farm that I purchased at Farm 2 Family last week in the freezer. It was raining outside. I wanted spaghetti!
I started rummaging through the fridge and found a ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella that wasn’t used when I made pizza week and thought about trying to make a cheese stuffed meatball.
I looked through some recipes online but decided that I wanted to change so many elements that I would just wing it. Here’s what I did…
Meatballs Stuffed with Buffalo Mozzarella
- 1lb. grass fed, organic ground beef
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large egg
- a palm-full of breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- a ball of fresh buffalo mozzarella cut into chunks (I didn’t use it all)
- In a mixing bowl combine ground beef, shallot, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs and spices.
- Form into balls and press a chunk of cheese into it…a couple of times I had to grab a little more of the meat mix to make sure the cheese was completely covered. (I had 11 meatballs)
- Heat non-stick skillet to med and add the meatballs. Once they are browned on all sides (this is a little unconventional) I turned the heat down for a second, grabbed a couple paper towels and sopped up some of the excess fat (there wasn’t much). Cover the meatballs with Emeril’s Roasted Gaaahlic spaghetti sauce (my boyfriend and son love it, what can I say!). Place a top on the pan and turn the heat down to med-low. Simmer for 10-12 minutes. Spoon sauce over meatballs every couple of minutes.
- Cook 8oz. of Ronzoni – Healthy Harvest, Whole grain, thin spaghetti noodles according to package directions and serve with meatballs and sauce.
- Serves 3.
And you must experience the close-up…
Do you believe me now when I say “oooey-gooey-goodness”?