I bought some locally made organic feta cheese from Night Sky Farm at a farmers market a few days ago and this salad seemed like the perfect use for it. The vinaigrette is amazing (I preferred double the lemon juice than the recipe called for). I also roasted a 28 ounce can of chickpeas because it’s what I already had in the pantry. The 2 tablespoons of oil was plenty…I would suggest to cut the oil back to 1 tablespoon if you only roast a 12 ounce can. I found myself snacking on the extra chickpeas after dinner. They are yummy!!
I want to make this salad again today!!
Arugula and Roasted Chickpea Salad with Feta
From Bon Appetit
- 1 – 12 ounce can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 fresh mint leaves
- 5 ounces arugula (I used an arugula and baby greens mix)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 of an english cucumber, diced (I had some in the fridge and just had to add them in!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until chickpeas are golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- To make vinaigrette whisk remaining olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and a little fresh mint (I didn’t have any dried). Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add a little more lemon juice if desired.
- Combine chickpeas, greens, onion, cucumber and fresh mint. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Plate salad and garnish with feta and more chickpeas if desired.