Thursday night is my favorite night of the week right now. After 4 long days of classes and studying it’s a relaxing feeling to know tomorrow is FRIDAY. I have tons to do tomorrow…a contractor is coming over to mount 3 TV’s in our house and connect a new security system, I have to meet with our tax person, I’m meeting with a group of 5 girls in the library for an hour or so in the afternoon to get started on a group project and then my mom, grandma, sister and nephew and my brother and his girlfriend are coming over to hang out, have dinner and see the Friday sunset with me. Menu TBA!
This is the chopped garlic and shallot ready to be sauteed:
After sauteing the garlic, shallots and swiss chard stems I added the leaves to wilt down:
The finished sauce:
Lots of garlic, yummy pasta, creamy sauce (that’s mostly good for you), your dinner veggie requirements thanks to leafy-green swiss chard and completed with juicy shrimp. I’m ready to dig in!
Creamy Swiss Chard and Shrimp Pasta
- 1 lb. frozen, raw, peeled & deveined shrimp, defrosted
- 1 – 8 ounce box De Boles Organic Angel Hair pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch swiss chard (5-6 large leaves)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup light cream
- Freshly shaved parmesan cheese, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- To be updated soon.