Tonight is one of those times that a recipe turned out great but there are no pictures to prove it! Only a couple pictures of the before.
Here is the sauce for the top of the salmon before I stirred the chives in:
Salmon, ready to go in the oven:
I also made sauteed zucchini and leeks to go with the salmon:
Roast Salmon with Mustard, Tarragon and Chive Sauce
From Bon Appetit
- 2 heaping tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice from 1/2 large lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- one 1 1/3 pound sockeye salmon filet
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F (I lowered the temp since it was a much smaller piece than the salmon in the original recipe). Line large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Season mustard sauce lightly with salt and generously with pepper. Place salmon, skin side down, on diagonal on prepared sheet. Spoon mustard sauce atop salmon, then spread over, covering completely. Sprinkle salmon generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast just until salmon is opaque in center, about 15 minutes. Using parchment as aid, transfer salmon to platter. Cut crosswise into pieces and serve.