Besides chicken soup?
I’m DONE with school for the Fall ’12 semester!! Yah! Celebration time! Actually it’s finally time for us to go get a Christmas tree! My son is wondering if I was ever going to decorate! I like to wait until closer to Christmas…makes it more festive! But tonight I’m just going to enjoy the peace and the chicken soup and get the tree tomorrow 🙂
Angela’s Easy Weeknight Chicken Soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 2 large oven roasted chicken breasts), meat shredded
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 medium white/yellow onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup sliced baby carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 6 ounces egg noodles (I used No Yolks brand)
- 1 cup of water, if needed
- Prepare chicken and set aside. Chop the celery, carrots and onion. Heat a dutch oven or large soup pot of your choice over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add veggies, salt and pepper and cook for about 10-12 minutes until softened. Add the poultry seasoning and cook for another minute.
- Next, add the broth and the shredded chicken. Cook for 30-45 minutes. Make sure the soup is boiling add the egg noodles. Cook until noodles are done and then the soup is ready to serve.
PS. Angela is my younger sister that is the mother of my 17 month old and 1 month old nephews. This is her recipe!