Don’t make fun of all my posts that include pasta…I just love it!
What else do I love? My blog. Because I actually have a record of all my experiments that turn out well. I used to try to recreate recipes. They wouldn’t taste the same. Then comes the disappointment. Then I start grumbling to myself asking myself why I didn’t write it down. “If it was so good why didn’t you write it down dummy!”
Note to self: this pasta is awesome with seared scallops!
Lemony Veggie Pasta
- 8 ounces Cavatappi pasta, cooked al dente (1 cup pasta cooking water reserved)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 yellow squash, diced small
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped small
- 1 shallot, diced
- handful cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3-4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large saucepan heat oil and butter. Add squash and shallots and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until bright green. Add tomatoes, goat cheese and lemon juice and a little pasta water until the cheese is all melted into the veggies. Season with salt and pepper again. Then toss in cooked pasta. Add a little more of the pasta cooking liquid a little at a time until everything binds together and the sauce is creamy but not too loose or too thick (I think I used about 1/2 cup altogether).