I know, it’s St. Patty’s Day and I should be featuring a green smoothie but following the rules is never that fun or interesting!
It’s not the best pic but you can see how deep and rich the color is because of the berries and the purple/red colored chard. Swiss chard has never tasted so good!!
I’ve been drinking smoothies just about every morning and I’m gonna try to start featuring a new blend every Sunday here. Come back and check out the blog at least once a week if you want to see my newest favorite smoothie of the week 🙂
Swiss Chard, Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4-5 small leaves of organic swiss chard, stem removed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Garden of Life)
- a couple of ice cubes
- Place in a high speed blender in the order listed and blend until smooth. Serves 1.