This recipe makes the most amazing sauce! It’s the first thing I think about when the fresh, local peaches are in season and this is my 3rd summer making it.
Here it is blended up in my mini food processor.
The original recipe called for whole chicken breasts to be grilled up. Last week I made a double batch of sauce and prepared skewers with chunks of chicken breast and boneless thighs which we grilled one night then baby back ribs another night!
Peach BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup peaches (about 2), sliced into chunks (in season are best)
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles in adobo (plus 1 of the chilies if you like heat)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer until peaches are very soft and flavors meld, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat; let cool. Pour peach mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place half the sauce in a medium bowl; add the chicken and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes, or cover and chill for up to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.