Why am I making dog biscuits? At least this is what I asked myself as I cleaned all the flour-y mess from my counter tops. Answer: because I saw the recipe, had all the ingredients and wanted to experiment! Walter and Randolph thank me!
Here they are in an airtight container for storage:
Hungry yet? 🙂
Sweet Potato and Oatmeal Dog Biscuits
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups white wheat flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix peeled sweet potato together with the egg. Add flour and cinnamon and mix until combined. Fold in oatmeal. If dough is too wet add more flour.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick cut out with cookie cutter any shape. Fill your cookie sheets. Bake for 35-40 minutes until biscuits are hard to the touch. Let them cool and place in air tight container.
- Makes 2 dozen large size dog bone shaped treats!