Here’s something for your Thanksgiving brunch! A not too sweet, crumbly, yumbly, coffee cake…and something to do with the other half of the can of pumpkin that you used in a recipe and don’t know what to do with!
Use only pure maple syrup in the glaze, otherwise it’s cheating (and won’t taste as good).
Pecans, brown sugar, maple-y yummmm!
Maple Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake
For the cake:
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (at room temp)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
For the streusel topping:
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl mix first 6 ingredients together (pumpkin-vanilla). Sift in flour, baking powder, salt and spice. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Combine pecans, flour, brown sugar and butter (I used my fingers) and sprinkle everywhere (ok…evenly) over batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a small cup stir together powdered sugar and maple syrup. Add more syrup as needed until it’s a little runny. Drizzle over cake just after it comes out of the oven.