It’s snowing here and I’m ready for summer. Not gonna happen soon enough for me! Snow just makes you tired! Here’s proof…my fiance got off work, ate dinner and immediately fell asleep. This does-not-happen-ever when the weather is warm. Snow is the devil! 🙂
At least quinoa can be amazing when everything else is dreary. Really, quinoa can be better than dessert. Well…ok…now you have lost faith and don’t believe me. Anyone there???
Sweet Potato, Walnut and Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock (or water, veg stock etc)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1-2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Add water or chicken broth, quinoa and diced sweet potato to a small pot and bring to boil. Lower temp and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, checking periodically, until all water/broth is absorbed and quinoa has cooked.
- Add cooked quinoa to a serving bowl and stir to fluff. Add walnuts and dressing and stir to combine. Top with goat cheese and a fresh ground pepper.