I went to the store yesterday with cod on my grocery list but the halibut was on sale…endofstory. Just kidding, another selling point was the fact it was wild caught and sustainable. Halibut is awesome when paired with a little sweetness and it loves when you shower it with citrus. Toss in some fresh herbs. Avocado. Tomato. Done. For the halibut: season both sides with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, get a pan really hot and add a splash of EVOO, then sear the fish for about 3 min per side. I made a bed of plain quinoa, then added the halibut and topped with plenty of the salsa. We ate all of the salsa between 2 people so if you are feeding more…make MORE 🙂
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into a large dice
- 1/2 cup frozen diced mango, thawed
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4-5 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives (I use kitchen shears…easier than a knife!)
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss together in a small bowl and enjoy outside!
Based on this recipe from Bon Appetit.