We had our 20 week ultrasound today and got the double thumbs up that our baby is healthy and looking great! He or she weighs about 13 ounces and is around 10 inches long. We are waiting to be surprised with finding out the gender so I thought it would be fun to do a gender prediction! We’ll see if it turns out right once the baby arrives in July. There hasn’t been a little girl in our family in a long time so it would be sweet to have a girl but a boy would be just as awesome and he would have 2 boy cousins close to his age to play with.
1. If you have morning sickness, it’s a girl. If you don’t, it’s a boy.
Zero morning sickness, unless you count extreme tiredness. I never got sick or felt queasy even once. I had an aversion to some smells but that’s it. Result: BOY
2. If you crave sweets, it’s a girl. Craving sour/salt? It’s a boy.
Give me all the sweets. I dream about them. I pretend to bake big batches of brownies and multi-layer cakes. Pinterest can be dangerous! I stick to small servings of frozen yogurt a few nights a week and enjoy a weekly instead if daily splurge dessert. Result: GIRL
3. Use a Chinese Gender Predictor to predict the sex, based on your due date and birthday.
The predictor on The Bump says girl and on Baby Center it says boy. So I figured…try a 3rd test and pick the 2 out of 3. Chinese Gender Chart says it’s a girl, so GIRL it is! Result: GIRL
4. If the baby’s heartbeat is regularly above 140 bpm, it’s a girl. Below 140 bpm — it’s a boy.
Baby’s heart rate has been in the 150’s or 160’s every appointment. Today at the ultrasound it was 148. However, when my sister Angela was expecting her first child the babies heartbeat was always in the 160’s and she had a boy. Result: GIRL
5. If you prefer sleeping on your right side, it’s a girl. If you gravitate towards the left, it’s a boy.
I sleep on both sides but the right side is my fav. Result: GIRL
6. If you’re extra moody, it’s a girl. If you’re even-keeled, it’s a boy.
I definitely have my moods but I have to be honest, I have been mostly even-keeled. When I feel a potential stressful situation is coming I find this way to avoid the conflict or leave the room instead of engaging it (which normally isn’t like me). I haven’t even cried! Result: BOY
7. If you’re clumsy, you’re having a boy. Graceful as can be? It’s a girl.
I haven’t done anything I consider clumsy. Result: GIRL
8. More headaches mean you’re having a boy, less means it’s a girl.
I’m not generally prone to headaches, but I did have a couple during my first trimester (apparently it’s pretty normal due to the increase in blood flow). I don’t consider those 2-3 headaches a lot so I’m saying girl. Result: GIRL
9. If your hands are soft, it’s a girl. If they’re dry, it’s a boy.
My hands are always dry, especially in the winter. Oddly enough this past winter they were less dry and I noticed how much softer they were before I saw this test! Result: GIRL
10. If you’re carrying high, it’s a girl. If your belly is low, it’s a boy.
It may be too early to tell this one since I’m “only” 20 weeks. I posted a pic of myself on one of the baby apps on my phone and I had 5 girl votes and 1 boy vote. Result: GIRL
GIRL: 8 points BOY: 2 points
Let’s see if the predictor is right or not!