Another yummy smoothie recipe to share! Made with healthy (and pretty popular right now) Matcha green tea powder and packed with protein from the yogurt (13 grams per serving) this smoothie is guaranteed to keep you going until lunch. It worked for me and I’m always hungry right now!
“The health benefits of matcha tea exceed those of green tea because when you drink matcha you ingest the whole leaf, not just the brewed water. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content.” (Source)
Tropical Coconut Matcha Smoothie
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 – 6 ounce containers Siggi’s coconut yogurt
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 large frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut (plus 1 tablespoon for garnishing)
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender in the order listed. Run on “smoothie” setting. Serves 2.