I’m in the midst of estimates. The estimates for flooring are over. Contractor chosen. Start date set. Now, we’re getting painting estimates. So far I have had 3 done and 2 more scheduled for tomorrow. It’s going to be a lot of work moving all of our small stuff out of the way and having contractors bombard our house for the next 3-4 weeks but it’s going to be so much fun to see our house transform into what we want it to be!
My craving for coconut has been out of control lately. From coconut yogurt, to coconut water, to coconut in protein bars and coconut flakes sprinkled on just about anything. I figured I needed to do something about it and incorporate more of it! I bought a coconut creme flavored protein powder and after two not so spectacular smoothie attempts, this version happened this morning. And may happen again tomorrow…
Strawberry Coconut Milk Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 can full fat coconut milk (save the other half for the next days smoothie!)
- 1 apple, core removed, cut into large chunks
- 1 heaping cup frozen cherries
- 1 large frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 4 scoops Jarrow Formulas Greek Yogurtein coconut creme flavor
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender in the order listed. Run on “smoothie” setting. Serves 2.