No actual Mounds Bars were harmed in the making of this smoothie but I did technically have some chocolate for breakfast. I blame it on the third trimester. You come up with your own excuse and make this too. Actually, who needs an excuse to have a nice healthy fruit smoothie with a tad of chocolate sweetness in it? Not me. So feel good about having little chocolate in your breakfast. Just don’t sub Nutella for the Justin’s, there’s a huge difference in the sugar content. Nutella has almost 3 times as much sugar. In fact the first listed ingredient is sugar whereas with Justin’s hazelnuts and almonds come before the organic cane sugar.
It seriously does taste like a Mounds! Try it!
The Ultimate Mounds Bar Breakfast Smoothie
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 – 6 ounce container coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup frozen cherries
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 3 tablespoons Justin’s chocolate hazelnut spread
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender in the order listed. Run on “smoothie” setting. Serves 2.