Can I still use the word “Cabernet” in this recipe when I substituted Malbec? Yep!
This “Roasted Malbec and Citrus Cranberry Sauce” is the cranberry sauce you should make for Thanksgiving (or really Christmas since it’s Thanksgiving day now and you probably already have your sauce ready). I’ve eaten a couple spoonfuls already!!
Roasted Cabernet and Citrus Cranberry Sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (plus half it’s juice)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (plus half it’s juice)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (plus half it’s juice)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Cabernet (or Malbec)
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat over to 425 degrees
- In an 8×11 baking dish add the washed cranberries, zest and juice from all the citrus and all other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Carefully remove and smash cranberries gently with a spoon. Let cool, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Lasts a week (or more) in the fridge. Enjoy!
From Simply Scratch