My new fav smoothie combo has oatmeal in it. It makes the smoothie thick and gives you something to chew on! The trick is to let the oats and chia seeds sit in the almond milk for a few minutes before you blend it all together — I haven’t tried to let them sit overnight yet but that might work too!
Nectarines have been the sweetest fruit I’ve had this summer. Great in a smoothie, sliced up in oatmeal, on frozen yogurt or as an afternoon snack.
What is your favorite summer fruit?
Oatmeal, Nectarine and Banana Smoothie
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 heaping tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 nectarines, pits removed
- 1 large frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Put almond milk, chia seeds and oatmeal in a Vitamix blender and let sit for about 10 minutes. Add nectarines, banana, bluenerries, cinnamon and ice and blend on smoothie setting. Makes 3 servings.