I had no idea that quinoa could be so good as “granola”! It’s like eating crunchy little bursts of energy! Look how this chunk of granola stuck together like a mini granola candy bar…that piece was the first to get eaten!
Quinoa is a seed that is very high in protein and low in fat. I used organic quinoa that I purchased from Whole Foods. Also I had some sliced almonds on hand so I didn’t need to chop them.
I enjoyed this granola on a little plate while doing my homework…
…and on top of frozen yogurt from Sweet Frog (I actually resisted getting any toppings at the store so that I could top it with my granola!)
Crispy Quinoa Granola
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup local organic honey
- 1/2 cup dried golden raisins
- *Note: Can easily be doubled and fit on one baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop ½ cup almonds. In a medium bowl, combine ¾ cup quinoa, ½ cup pumpkin seeds, ½ cup chopped almonds, and ½ teaspoon kosher salt. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil and ¼ cup honey to thoroughly combine. Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring a few times during baking. Add ½ cup golden raisins (or any dried fruit) and let cool 15 minutes. Break any large chunks into small pieces and store in an airtight container.