I’m so excited about this because it easy, homemade, organic and WAY cheaper than buying a similar prepared product in the store. Also it’s perfect for gift giving. I love this so much that after making this first batch I want to make it known that this is only my first of many flavor concoctions! I decided to make it yesterday as a mother’s day gift. I knew that I would be meeting my mom this morning at a farmer’s market near her house and this is one of the things I wanted to share with her.
Lemon Thyme and Lemon Rosemary Salt Scrub
(Adapted from Food Plus Words)
- Organic Grapeseed Oil
- Organic Lemon essential oil (4-8 drops)
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh sprigs of thyme and rosemary
- The recipes I reviewed said the salt and oil should be measured 2 parts salt to 1 part oil. I found that you needed just slightly more oil than that. Measure it exactly first then add oil by teaspoon fulls until it is slightly covering the salt once everything settles.
- So start by measuring the salt and pour into a prepared jar of your choice. Add oil, essential oil drops and fresh herbs. For the thyme I picked and stemmed it and added the tiny leaves whole. For the rosemary I stemmed it and chopped it until it was about the size of the thyme leaves.
- In the larger jar I mixed 3/4 salt, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil, 6-7 drops of essential oil and about 2 tablespoons of thyme.
- In the two slightly smaller jars I mixed (in each jar) 1/2 salt, 1/4 cup grapeseed oil, 4 drops of essential oil and in one jar little over a tablespoon of thyme in the other jar a little over a tablespoon of rosemary.
- To use: stir around with a small spoon or small wooden scoop to mix. Take about a 1/2 teaspoon if washing your hands with it and scrub…when done rinse and pat dry. Can also be used on feet, knees or elbows.
- I printed tags and put ribbons on the jars for gift giving!